Drop (formerly Massdrop) is designing products differently. By tapping into data and insights from uniquely passionate people and applying them to our curated selections and exclusive designs, we deliver inventive products that fuel a variety of interests. Founded in 2012, Drop empowers people around the world to discover new, diverse products every day; participate in product development; and learn and share with a community 7 million strong.
Passion leads here.
Find and follow your passions on drop.com and the Drop app for iPhone and Android smartphones. You can also connect with @drop on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. Funded by KPCB, First Round Capital, Mayfield, and August Capital.
About the Role
The Drop Studio Business Development Team is searching for a Business Development Manager to expand our collaborations program through pitching and negotiating opportunities with our brand partners.
Our enthusiast community members are dedicated experts in their categories and are influential in the way we conduct business. In order to provide unique products for our community, we partner with companies that make products our members love and respect.
Our Business Development Manager will be responsible for creating partnerships, comprehensive pitch decks, leading negotiations, and managing partnerships for our DROP Studio Collaborations. This role will report to our Director of Business Development and will work closely with our Product Development organization.
This is a remote position and can be based anywhere in the United States.
Here is what you’ll do as part of the team:
- Create new relationships with prospective Drop Studio partners across industries based on mandates from the Product Development team
- Present/pitch Drop Studio proposals to new and existing partners
- Negotiate conditions and terms for Drop Studio business across industries
- Maintain relationships with Drop Studio partners across industries
What you’ll need to be successful:
- 5-7 years in business development, strategic partnerships, or related fields
- 3-5 years experience developing sales and distribution networks for major brands in the US
- Excellent project management and organizational skills; This is a role that manages dozens of detailed, high-value conversations.
- Ability to pitch Drop Studio concepts to external teams and reach mutually beneficial partnership structures.
- Ability to create logical proposals and influential pitch deck materials for partner pitches
- A positive attitude and a willingness to roll up your sleeves to help wherever necessary
Drop is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.