Yelp is looking for an experienced engineer to join the Client Platform Engineering team. This team is responsible for thousands of client endpoint devices across multiple platforms and the services which support them.
The ideal engineer is a team-player, as well as someone who can work independently, has strong knowledge of toolsets across a variety of operating systems, and has proven experience architecting enterprise-class solutions. You will continue to learn, grow, and help us take on brand new challenges.
What You Will Do
- Manage client system infrastructure for Mac, Chrome OS and Windows
- Automate everything with configuration management, version control and CI/CD
- Develop custom applications and services to automate processes, solve business problems, and empower Yelp employees to work more efficiently
- Administer enterprise software including client deployment and package management
- Mentor other engineers and share the skills you’ve learned
- Partner with our security team to drive best practices
- Create and maintain technical documentation
- Be part of the onpoint rotation to assist with managing escalations
We Are Looking For
- BS in CS, IT or a related discipline or equivalent work experience and 3+ years experience working in an engineering role
- Experience with configuration management tools (e.g. Puppet, Ansible, SaltStack)
- Working with package management tools (e.g. Munki, Chocolatey) and version control software (e.g. Git)
- Strong initiative to independently develop solutions and make technical recommendations
- Experience with CI/CD processes and platforms (e.g. Jenkins, TeamCity)
- Experience with data reporting and visualization (e.g. Tableau, Splunk, osquery, SQL)
- Experience developing web applications or Chrome extensions
At Yelp, we believe that diversity is an expression of all the unique characteristics that make us human: race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, and education — and those are just a few. We recognize that diverse backgrounds and perspectives strengthen our teams and our product. The foundation of our diversity efforts are closely tied to our core values, which include “Playing Well With Others” and “Authenticity.”
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at [email protected] or 415-969-8488.
Note: Yelp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Yelp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.