SB Nation, the largest independent sports media network, is looking to expand its roster of part-time copy editors. Our reach extends across all sports and all fan communities. We are getting bigger, and we want you to help make sure we’re getting better, too. The SB Nation copy editing team ensures that facts, spellings, and grammar are right every time, and that style is consistent from story to story.
We are looking for someone with these skills:
- Fluent in AP style and grammar
- Self-driven and task-oriented
- Strong written communicator who can function within a team setting
- Prior sports editing experience preferred — but not required
What you’d be doing:
- Working in a digital environment, using Slack and Vox Media’s proprietary editing tools to find and complete assignments
- Fact checking and editing about 10 stories per hour, ranging from quick news hits to daily reactions
- Working with writers and editors to ensure clarity of copy, as well as clearing up any factual errors you find along the way
This is a remote entry-level part-time, hourly position. Some work on mornings or weekends may be required.
To apply, please submit a resume and three examples of stories you’ve worked on (you may submit URLs in a cover letter). A short, timed copy editing test will be required.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.