Normally we hire candidates for our Customer Champion team from anywhere in the world. However right now we are in need of someone who can help our customers during European business hours (UTC to UTC+2:00.) If you’re excited about this role but your main working hours aren’t in those timezones check out our general Customer Champion application
We’re looking for someone who loves helping people. If you love interacting with people on a daily basis to help them learn how to optimize their work then read on…
We know applying for and taking on a new a job at any company requires a leap of faith. We want you to feel comfortable and excited to apply at Zapier. To help share a bit more about life at Zapier here are a few resources in addition to the job description that can give you an inside look at what life is like at Zapier. Hopefully you’ll take the leap of faith and apply.
- Our Commitment to Applicants
- Zapier Guide to Remote Work
- Zapier Code of Conduct
- Working on Diversity and Inclusivity
You’re empathetic to users and can easily put yourself in their shoes. You realize that not everyone has the same skill set and that smart people sometimes make mistakes. You make customers feel empowered after interacting with support and not stupid because of a small mistake.
You obsess over the details. Maybe you have a one emoticon and one exclamation point rule of thumb for every email. Maybe it’s only two sentences per paragraph. Either way, you make sure each word and each punctuation mark makes the customer delighted to work with you.
You love solving problems. Every customer is different, many times radically so. You relish being able to meet their specific need, and also solving their problems that may have gone unsaid.
You love to write. Almost everything at Zapier is done via written communication (both with customers and between teammates).
You’re persistent. Support at Zapier is much different than at many software companies. It’s not the same questions over and over again, and often involves researching technical nuances of the apps we support. You love the opportunity to solve new problems every day and won’t give up when you don’t know the answer right away.
You love doing things efficiently. At Zapier, the work you do will have a disproportionate impact on the business. We believe in systems and processes that let us scale our impact to be larger than ourselves.
You love to set your own course. At Zapier, we have quick team meetings each week and one-on-one meetings every month and then we go make things happen. You get to make things happen without someone saying so.
Things You Might Do
Zapier is a startup, so you’ll likely get your hands dirty in a little bit of everything. That said, here are some things you’ll get to lead:
- Help customers via email or chat to ensure they have the best experience possible (teammates tend to send 60+ emails every day), troubleshooting their problems and answering their questions.
- Write documentation to help users help themselves (all the documentation on our help site is written and maintained by the support team: https://zapier.com/help/)
- Work with the product team to build tools that will speed up and increase the quality of support at the same time
- Experiment: this is a startup so everything can change
The Whole Package
Location: Anywhere you want.
If you want to work remote, that’s cool. If you want to work near others, that’s cool too. The current support team is in Washington, Maryland, Florida, Connecticut, Wisconsin, Michigan, Oregon, California, Indiana, Pennsylvania, Texas, North Carolina, Australia, England, and Spain.
- Based on experience
- Profit sharing
- 2-3 annual company retreats to awesome places
- 14 weeks paid leave for new parents
Pick your own equipment. We’ll set you up with whatever laptop + monitor combo you want plus any software you need.
Unlimited vacation policy (plus we insist you take at least 2 weeks off each year – this isn’t a vague policy where unlimited vacation means no vacation).
Work with awesome companies around the world. We partner with the best software companies in the world and you’ll constantly get to interact with people from these great companies.
Set your own destiny.
How to Apply
Applying is simple.
- Tell us why you’d be a good fit for this role.
- Tell us why you want to work at Zapier instead of somewhere else.
- What should our goal be when replying to users?
- A user requests an integration with a service that we don’t support yet. Compose a reply to this user.
- Set up a zap that takes new Gmail emails from a specific sender and adds them to a Google Sheets spreadsheet. Send us the link to the zap and a share link for the spreadsheet.
- Send us a link to an app’s API docs that you think are well done, and explain why you think they are good.
- Look at this listand pick the 5 things that most excite you. Also pick the 5 things that least excite you. Don’t pick by your opinion of importance, this is mostly to see interest/experience.
- How did you hear about Zapier?
- Optional: Share anonymously some demographic information about yourselfto help us better track trends related to the backgrounds of candidates interested in working at Zapier in order for us to build a team that represents the users at Zapier and the broader world population.
Finally, wait for us to reply. We reply to everyone, even if we don’t seem like a good fit.