Mattermost is the industry’s leading open-source enterprise-grade messaging platform. Customers including Intel, Ubisoft, Samsung, Cigna, BNP, European Commission, Social Security Administration, and Affirm use Mattermost to enable their teams to collaborate securely and privately anywhere. Many of the world’s leading privacy-conscious enterprises like The US Department of Defense work better by connecting people, tools, and automation to increase developer collaboration using Mattermost. Our private cloud messaging platform offers secure, configurable, highly scalable messaging using web, mobile, and desktop applications and provides deep integrations with hundreds of SaaS and on-premises tools and applications.
We value high impact work, ownership, self-awareness and being focused on customer success. If these values match who you are, we hope you’ll learn more about working at Mattermost and apply!
As a Customer Support Engineer, you will be the primary point of contact for our customers to help them solve problems and utilize the Mattermost solution to the fullest. A key part of your job will be to answer tickets coming in from customers on both technical and operational issues with our solution. You will spend time learning and understanding not only our software but the full stack of software that runs Mattermost. In addition, you will work cross functionally to resolve customer issues in a timely fashion and will communicate important feedback and insights from customers in order to improve our product and services.
- Triage customer issues, debug, and find workarounds if possible
- Communicate via email and video conferencing with potential and current clients
- Submit and comment on bug reports and feature requests based on customer interactions
- Create or update documentation based on customer interactions
- Engage with the development team to escalate bugs, solve problems, or obtain missing information
- Be available for occasional weekend on-call coverage
- Ensure the knowledge we gain from running Mattermost is shared with customers and users
- Maintain good ticket performance and satisfaction
- Meet or exceed SLA times consistently
- Reliably respond to on-call emergencies
- Affinity for (and experience with) providing customer support, and making customers happy
- Enjoy solving many small problems per day
- Ability to triage and resolve bugs
- Ability to communicate complex technical topics clearly in written and spoken English with customers via tickets, Zoom calls, etc.
- Experience with support platforms (e.g. Zendesk, com, etc.) preferred
- Experience writing support content
- Experience managing the entire issue lifecycle, from customer, to development team, to resolution
- Ability to perform complex Linux System Administration tasks
- Experience with technical operations, full stack automation, DevOps or development
- 2 or more of the following technical skills: Go, nginx, React, HTML5, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos, AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, IOS, Android, SAML, OAuth
- Experience with OpenSource a plus
- Experience with Windows Server Environments a plus
Mattermost is a remote-first company with staff living and working across the globe. We are currently hiring staff in these countries/regions:
Canada – Chile – Finland – Georgia – Germany – India – Mauritius – Philippines – Poland – South Africa – Turkey – Ukraine – United Kingdom – United States
We are constantly working towards adding more countries/regions to this list, but first we need to make sure we are compliant with local laws and regulations, which takes time.
Mattermost is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people from all walks of life. We don’t discriminate against staff or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there’s any way we can make the interview process better for you; we’re happy to accommodate!