At Mattermost, we value high impact work, ownership, self-awareness and being focused on our people and customers. If these values match who you are, we hope you’ll learn more about working at Mattermost and reach out to talk to us!
Mattermost provides an open source enterprise-grade messaging platform to the world’s leading organizations that allows teams to collaborate securely and privately anywhere. With over 10,000 server downloads/month our customers include Uber, Tesla, Bank of America, Samsung, Affirm, The US Department of Defense and more. Our private cloud solutions offer secure, configurable, highly-scalable messaging across web, phone and PC with archiving, search, and deep integrations with hundreds of SaaS and on-premises technologies. Our company serves customers around the world with a distributed organization spanning the globe.
About the Role:
You will have a direct hand in driving the next phase of growth at Mattermost. This is an exceptional opportunity to optimize how we scale a fast-growing startup while providing a world-class employee experience. The ideal candidate is an experienced and passionate leader who has helped influence and build a great and high performing culture at an early to mid-stage growth startup. In addition, we are seeking a leader familiar with or passionate about a remote-first culture.
- Formalize Global HR Ops and Infrastructure:Create, implement and maintain scalable processes, tools, systems and training necessary to support the employee experience and business needs globally
- Managing, operating and reporting from HR systems including BambooHR, TriNet, Lever and other systems as developed
- Efficiently manage fast-paced HR operations that support Mattermost rapid global growth plans
- International and multi-state compliance and compensation – Work with in-house and external advisers to ensure compliant HR operations
- Fair compensation and benefits internationally tied to local market and talent and opportunity profiles, along with company levels and descriptions
- Global PEO selection and management
- Strategic HR Advisor: Be a trusted adviser to the executive team and managers on operational and strategic People initiatives and decisions including talent development, talent management, performance management and rewards
- On-boarding: Refine and build-out our on-boarding process to rapidly ramp new hires into high functioning team members aligned with clearly defined cultural values and norms
- Talent Development: Working with senior leadership to implement training and performance management programs that rapidly and strategically grow our managers and individual contributors
- Voice of our Colleagues: Guide leadership on making Mattermost an amazing place to work by connecting with managers and individual contributors in a remote, distributed, multi-time zone organization to discover and understand the specific and broad sentiment across the company with a mix of surveys, group and 1-1 conversations
- Diversity and Inclusion: Partner with leaders to develop and execute a diversity and inclusion strategy as a competitive advantage enabling Mattermost to source from a broader, underrepresented talent community.
- A successful track record building, evolving and delivering people operations programs from the ground up in a fast-growing organization
- Eight plus years of broad-based People/HR leadership, building and implementing operational programs, with at least three plus years managing teams
- Experience in Human Resources / People Operations including Operations, Engagement, Development and Rewards
- Experience building relationships with distributed teams and success in a remote-first culture
- Developing and implementing Performance Measurements
- Demonstrated experience creating and executing a metrics-driven, consultative service-oriented People strategy for a global organization
- Strong interpersonal savvy and self-awareness with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Undergraduate degree in business, human resources or equivalent professional experience preferred
- Enterprise software start-up experience is preferred