Use your expertise in teaching Spanish to help Duolingo users learn better.
Duolingo is looking for an experienced Spanish language instructor who is a native or a near-native speaker of Latin American Spanish. If you have experience designing Spanish language curricula and creating different types of language exercises, as well as some linguistic training, this position is perfect for you.
- Help design a new curriculum for our Spanish courses.
- Create course content that effectively teaches a variety of skills, including grammar, listening, and reading comprehension.
- Create cultural content relevant for learners of Spanish.
- Strong interest in the mission of Duolingo.
- Experience teaching Spanish as a second language (ideally at college level and to native speakers of English).
- Native or near-native fluency in Latin American Spanish.
- Linguistic training is a big plus.
- Basic computer skills (Google docs, spreadsheets).
- Ability to work 20-40 hours a week.
Duolingo is the world’s largest online language learning platform, with over 150 million users. Our apps were selected by Apple as “iPhone App of the Year” and by “Google as Best of the Best for Android”, 2 years in a row. Unlike other online education platforms, Duolingo is a completely digital experience meaning it requires constant interaction and is native to computers / mobile platforms.
We’re funded by some of the world’s most prestigious venture capital firms, the investors behind Google, Twitter and Tumblr. Duolingo is a spinoff from Carnegie Mellon University’s School of Computer Science. Luis von Ahn, co-founder and CEO of Duolingo, is a MacArthur fellow, Carnegie Mellon University professor, and the inventor of CAPTCHA.