About.com, a top U.S. web property, is looking for experienced online freelance writers who are credible authorities in their fields and capable of conveying information to users in a friendly, enthusiastic, and compelling way.
Those freelancers who are most successful writing for About.com are highly skilled, self-motivated, and experienced web content creators with a deep passion for their topic area and impeccable journalistic integrity. They create original and easy-to-consume articles to meet the diverse needs that arise in readers’ everyday lives; are able to produce content on a regular basis on their own time; and have the entrepreneurial spirit and conviction necessary to build independently upon their expertise and authority.
Why Write for About.com?
About.com’s Independent Contractors typically cover topic areas that require ongoing content production and updating as well as strong research skills and deep knowledge of the topic.
- An innovative publishing platform: About.com has spent years maturing a publishing platform that allows writers to focus on writing while providing them a foundation with an established audience and the means to grow that audience. About.com’s platform provides the systems necessary to build and run a site for the network and metrics to analyze traffic and trends.
- Audience reach: Established in 1996, About.com has served billions of page views to millions of readers. About.com helps users by providing content that answers, educates, and inspires. On average, About.com reaches 87 million unique visitors per month just in the United States. More information about our demographics can be found in our media kit.
- A community of experts: 93% of our readers consider our writers to be knowledgeable and trustworthy. 90% of our readers are specifically looking for information and advice, and 97% of About.com’s audience relies on experts. Learn more about our audience.
- An independent publish-first model: At About.com you have the freedom to publish the content that you want, when you want to publish it. Access to detailed site metrics and ongoing communication with your readers allow you to determine the best strategies for success and user satisfaction.
- A career-development opportunity: Many of our most successful writers have used About.com as a platform for their independent career goals, publishing books, taking part in speaking engagements, appearing as experts in videos, and serving as expert sources for newspapers, magazines, television, and radio.
- A flexible schedule: About.com freelancers manage their own schedule and maintain their own client base and other work outside of About.com.
Ready to Write? See Available Topics and Apply at: https://experts.about.com/