Girls Who Code is a fast-growing nonprofit changing the face of the technology sector. Found in 2012, Girls Who Code works to inspire, educate, and equip girls with the computing skills to pursue 21st century opportunities and close the gender gap in the technology and engineering sector through our year-round Clubs, Summer Immersion Program, and Campus program models. This year, Girls Who Code is expanding programs internationally and we are in need of an Operations Specialist to help guide the applicant screening and onboarding process.
The ideal candidate for the International Operations Specialist role is someone who has a passion for helping people, is capable of global critical thinking, and has exceptional communication skills.
This role calls for experience with working in a remote customer service environment, using and updating complex data systems, and an attention to detail. We are exploring the expansion of our programs to the international community, beginning with a focus on our Clubs program. We want to have real conversations with potential Clubs Facilitators in order to 1) understand the needs of a localized version of our domestic Clubs program and 2) align Clubs Facilitators with our own vision of having an International program.
This role will be an hourly contracted position of up to 10 hours per week from September to October 2018, with a re-evaluation of weekly contracted hours in October.
International Operations Specialists will support:
Application funnel conversion
- Address inbound inquiries regarding International Clubs in the markets we are actively recruiting in, and markets we are still exploring
- Setup and conduct interviews with prospective International Clubs Facilitators
- Unblock International Club applicants experiencing technical or process issues with the application, or background check process
- Submit evaluation matrices to Program Operations team for final International Club application approvals
Successful program implementation
- Provide administrative support to ensure effective launch in each market Provide support to Facilitators about expectations throughout the program
- Assist Facilitators in registering their Club members to Girls Who Code HQ through email outreach and additional individualized follow up
- Work with other GWC teams to address inquiries/requests curriculum or Clubs tools questionsCollect feedback for all open and resolved incidents, maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction
In addition, Specialists are expected to have:
- Virtual weekly check ins with full-time GWC staff member
- Additional operational-related projects as assigned
- Language Requirement:English and French fluency
- 3+ years of experience with operations, HR, or customer service role. Prior experience with non-profits or start-ups a plus
- Excellent communication, presentation and people skills with an ability to balance priorities, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Experience with Google Suite and Salesforce preferred
- Fastidious record keeping and organizationReliable internet connection
- Experience within academically and culturally diverse classroom communities
- Comfortable working independently and being a part of a remote, distributed team
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technology platforms and tools
- Prior child abuse mandated reporting training preferred
- Passion for our mission to close the gender gap in technology fields through a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
Please complete the application and submit a brief cover letter detailing your past experience and interest in working with Girls Who Code.