Coursera is a leading online learning platform for higher education, where 53 million learners from around the world come to learn skills of the future. Nearly 200 of the world’s top universities and industry educators partner with Coursera to offer courses, Specializations, certificates, and degree programs. 2,300 companies trust the company’s enterprise platform Coursera for Business to transform their talent. Coursera for Government equips government employees and citizens with in-demand skills to build a competitive workforce. Coursera for Campus empowers any university to offer high-quality, job-relevant online education to students, alumni, faculty, and staff. Coursera is backed by leading investors that include Kleiner Perkins, New Enterprise Associates, Learn Capital, and SEEK Group.
The Learner Services team strategizes, builds, and delivers support and services at scale to millions of learners on Coursera, to help them succeed in their courses, specializations, and degrees. The team deeply understands learner needs, and partners closely with Product and Engineering teams to build data-driven automation and turn learner insights into product and platform improvements.
You will be part of a team responsible for ensuring that learners have an excellent experience on Coursera by providing technical support and amplifying the learner voice. With a blend of great communications skills, top-notch operational workflow management, adept troubleshooting skills, and deep learner empathy, you will support and advocate for learners inside the company.
As part of the Services team, you will work closely with our Product, Engineering, and company leadership to create the best learning experience for non-traditional students around the globe.
This is a 6 month, 40 hour/week, contract position.
- Provide meaningful interaction with learners via email and provide them with high quality technical support
- Technical troubleshooting to quickly resolve learner issues, including working cross-functionally with multiple teams to drive solutions or workarounds
- Create and maintain scalable operational resources and workflows
- Develop new team strategies that increase efficiency and deliver a better learner experience with clear metrics to measure success
- Act as the voice of the learner, advocating for product and policy improvements which reduce friction
- 1+ years of experience providing customer-facing services such as technical platform support
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with strong learner empathy
- Strong critical thinking and exceptional technical problem solving skills
- Comfort with technical troubleshooting and operational workflows using internal tools and proven ability to improve workflows
- Proven success at collaborating with diverse, cross-functional teams
- Data-driven approach to decision making and comfort with tracking toward metrics
- Ability to manage projects successfully and be flexible in a fast-paced startup environment with tight timelines
Coursera is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected class.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, please contact us at [email protected]
Please review our CCPA Applicant Notice here.