The Dell EMC Account PMO is a high impact team leading the modernization of Data Center infrastructures and applications using efficient and flexible methodologies for portfolio, program, and project management. The methodologies include people aspects (training and internal/external certification) as well as process and tools. You will work with our internal Dell EMC leadership and account customers within our lines of business on PMO and portfolio-related topics, issues, and challenges. You will join a team that leads by example, including teamwork and collaboration, to bring the best possible value to our customers.
- Directly manage 12-15 Project Managers based at both local and geographically remote offices
- Support large (Dell Complexity Category 3) IT, customer facing programs and projects
- Work to prevent and resolve challenges with portfolios of projects and large/complex programs and projects
- Consult in the design, implementation, and maintenance of critical PMO functions of Governance, Quality, Training & Project Support
- Collaborate with other internal PMO organizations to share knowledge, best practices and lessons learned to enhance overall program effectiveness.
- Undergraduate degree and 8+ years relevant experience or Graduate degree and 6+ years relevant experience
- Have the flexibility to travel up to 25% to customer or internal sites
- 6+ years of program/project management experience; most of them in a senior PM or leadership role.
- Experience in applications development and/or infrastructure projects and programs. At least a working knowledge of Waterfall and or SCRUM/Agile methods
- Advanced capability in the program/project management level processes and performance metrics and tools
- Capability in the portfolio-level Project Delivery Governance methods including at least the design, implementation, and maintenance of several PMO functions: Program/Portfolio Governance, Program/Portfolio Resource Management, Program/Portfolio Quality Management, Project Management Consulting/Mentoring/Training and PMO Support for Projects
- Ability to manage and influence team members based at both local and geographically remote offices
- Demonstrated success with engineering and launching large and complex programs with high customer value, impact and tight timelines.
Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.To learn more about our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion, visit:Equal Employment Opportunity Policy Statement
Life at DellLearn about Dell culture, the interviewing process and benefits offered in your location:Life at Dell