As a Product Design Intern at Figma, you will own real impactful projects and take them from ideation to execution. You will work fluidly and collaboratively with the rest of the design team as well as other functions. Because of this, you should have a broad set of design skills and be motivated to learn. Over the course of the summer, you’ll have the opportunity to ship meaningful contributions to both the company and the product.
You will have a mentor who will work one-on-one with you to make your internship as impactful as possible. You will also get a ton of exposure to the greater design community—we’re always meeting with design teams and you will get to learn about what design looks like at all types of companies.
Learn more about the Figma design team:
What you’ll be doing:
- Own the design from start to finish for impactful features that ship quickly
- Collaborate with Product, Research, Marketing, and other functions to identify user and business needs
- Work closely with Engineering to ensure a high-quality implementation
- Create flows, prototypes, and high-fidelity visuals for your features
- Get the opportunity to meet with our users—other designers and design teams
- Be an integral part of our small but mighty design team!
We’re looking for someone with:
- At least one previous product design internship/or experience shipping projects
- Inspiring portfolios that demonstrate creativity and are easy to navigate
- Expressing ideas through prototyping and code
- Eagerness to learn and a track record for being self-driven
- Interest in design tools and design systems
Here are past intern projects:
Read more about our team:
- Figma’s Series D Round!
- How work is changing at Figma
- Dylan Field: This Week In Startups
- Figma Musical! (Quarantine edition)
Figma is the open design company founded in 2012 by Dylan Field and Evan Wallace. With our cloud-based screen design tool, teams achieve a shared understanding around design without worrying about syncing, exporting or installing software. Anyone involved in the product development process can share always up-to-date files with a link. That makes it easy to collaborate on the latest designs and prototypes and see their code attributes. Figma has simplified collaboration across the entire design process for thousands of companies like Microsoft, Slack and Uber and users, including designers, developers, product managers, marketers and others. To learn more and sign up for a free account visit www.figma.com.
At Figma we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our product and our community to flourish. Figma is an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.