Shopify knows first hand that Retail isn’t dead. Although our roots are in e-commerce, we are working with many of the world’s most innovative brands on the renaissance of in-person commerce, powered by Shopify technology. Due to the rapid growth of our retail merchant base, Shopify support is building a specialized team to handle all incoming and outgoing Retail and Point of Sale (POS) support interactions with merchants, remotely.
The Retail Support Specialist role will challenge and support you, so that you can help empower Shopify retail merchants on their journey towards success, through a unique and all encompassing remote support experience. Working remotely with Shopify makes it possible to be part of a growing tech company, without relocating. Do fulfilling work, make a real impact, be a part of a team, and own your role with Retail Support from the comfort of your home.
We need exceptional folks that are driven, passionate, and who align with our mission to make commerce better for everyone. If you’re excited about the possibility of helping us build the future of retail and in having a huge impact on merchant businesses and lives, keep reading!
Keys To The Retail Support Role:
- Handle all incoming call, chat, and email interactions related to supporting and troubleshooting Shopify’s Retail solutions.
- Assisting with day-to-day aspects of the Hardware Stores, including order management and returns.
- Willing to learn the technical nitty-gritty of POS Hardware.
- Working alongside Retail stakeholders across the organisation
- Advocating for retail merchants by communicating feedback to the relevant teams and stakeholders.
- Engage in detailed conversations with new and potential retail merchants and nurture ongoing conversations as they expand their businesses by answering inbound sales, onboarding questions via email, chat, and phones.
- Live in Alberta or British Columbia
- Experience in customer support and/or call centres preferred.
- High attention to detail and work ethic that won’t quit.
- An ability to manage through rapid change.
- Familiarity and even obsession with technology.
- Balanced decision making is a must have. This is the ability to maintain a balance between the needs of oneself, others, and the company at the same time.
- A desire to be a part of a support team.
- Comfortable with role ambiguity as our Retail Support strategy evolves.
- The desire to be part of a specialized team with the opportunity to learn from and grow the platform.
It’s an amazing time to be part of Shopify Retail. Having a specialized team will ensure that our merchants are getting the best possible support, and that all interactions are handled as quickly as possible. If you’re interested in helping to shape how Shopify supports Retail, click the “Apply Now” button.
Hours of work: 10am – 6pm PST
Location: Alberta/British Columbia – Remote
Posting closes: Friday August 9th, 2019 @ 12pm PST