MURAL is on a mission to inspire and connect imagination workers globally.
MURAL is a digital workspace for visual collaboration that connects over 50 percent of Fortune 100 enterprises. Our platform and services enable innovative teams to think and collaborate visually to solve important problems. People benefit from MURAL’s speed and ease of use in creating diagrams, which are popular in design thinking and agile methodologies, as well as tools to facilitate more impactful meetings and workshops.
Global enterprises including IBM, USAA, E-Trade, Intuit, SAP, Atlassian, Autodesk and GitHub have embraced visual collaboration to align their teams, plan in real-time, speed up decision making, reduce travel costs and accelerate a culture of innovation.
MURAL is headquartered in San Francisco and employees over 200 people working across six time zones around the world like Buenos Aires, Atlanta, and across Europe. We recently raised $118m in a series B round of financing, so we are ready to take MURAL to the next level.
We are looking for engineers who will bring experience working with high growth tech companies. You will help us scale our platform globally.
You’d be a good fit if you
- Are passionate about building systems that are highly reliable, maintainable, scalable and observable.
- Have initiative and can unblock yourself to get things done.
- Have strong technical skills and relevant experience in managing distributed systems, their complexities and challenges.
- Go beyond symptoms and understand the real problems by reading between the lines and asking good questions.
- Like getting your hands dirty by debugging and fixing issues in production, and are OK to not always doing the most glamorous tasks.
- Can collaborate well with others in a remote-friendly team.
- You communicate well, and love taking and giving feedback in a positive, constructive way.
- Are comfortable addressing operational incidents.
- Enjoy sharing your knowledge about problems you solve, providing analysis and recommending solutions based on evidence. You can thoroughly explain your thought process and justify your course of action.
- Do things manually only once. If something needs to be done repeatedly, you automate it. You don’t shy away from building apps or tools that support your workflow.
- Collaborating with other Engineering teams through activities such as system design, specifications and critiques, helping bring new services live.
- Maintaining services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability and overall system health, and providing ways for stakeholders to understand how their software behaves.
- Scaling systems sustainably through automation, and evolving systems by improving their robustness.
- Be on-call for services that the SRE team owns.
- Practice sustainable incident response, facilitating incident resolution and performing blameless postmortems.
- Lead moderate to highly complex technical tasks and provide code reviews for various stakeholders.
- Pair with team members and other teams; collaboration is a very important part of this role.
- Experience with Docker containers and container scheduling platforms running distributed systems.
- Experience working in cloud platforms.
- Experience with observability and monitoring tools like DataDog, grafana+prometheus. etc.
- Solid Linux administration skills.
- Experience in networking and routing concepts.
- Thorough understanding of security principles and concerns.
- Deliver work incrementally to get feedback and iterate over solutions.
- You have worked with large Kubernetes clusters.
- You are familiar with Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services.
- You are familiar with Node.js, MongoDB, Redis, and Elasticsearch.
- You are familiar with git, Github, Jenkins, and the Continuous Integration universe.
- Experience with data stores like MongoDB, ElasticSearch and Redis.
WHAT WE OFFER
In addition to being part of our quest to help people empower their imagination, we offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Flexibility with schedule
- Ability to work remotely
- Flexible time off
- A phenomenal learning environment for you to develop
We bring people to our team that care about our mission to inspire and connect creative people globally, and who feel aligned with our values:
- Make Others Successful
- Adapt to Thrive
- Show Up With a Smile
- Generate Wows
- Think Global
- Play to Win and Have Fun
Practicing equality through imagination work.
MURAL is committed to creating diverse and inclusive workspaces where people can make a positive impact on the world and share their vision of how they achieve it. We are dedicated to working alongside multiple communities to help build this dream and bring it to life.