Lambda School is on a mission to pioneer a new model of accessible higher education with no upfront costs and where the school invests in the students instead of the other way around. We are rethinking learning so that we can address the needs of both students and employers in tandem. We’re a progressive alternative to traditional college and fast track bootcamps. Lambda is an intensive program and an immersive live, online curriculum that teaches people the hard and soft skills they need to launch a new tech career. We offer both full time and part time courses to our students.
Lambda has successfully completed funding rounds with premier tier venture investors and we have students in almost every State across the United States. We’re looking for passionate, talented people who want to change the way the world thinks about higher education and unlock human potential, regardless of circumstance.
If that sounds exciting to you, let’s talk. Our success depends on building teams who can challenge each other’s assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, we don’t just accept differences – we celebrate them. Lambda School welcomes a diverse pool of applicants, including those from historically marginalized groups and non-traditional backgrounds who can appreciate the diverse student communities that we serve and are looking to grow into. This includes women, people with disabilities, people of color, formerly incarcerated people, individuals who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and/or gender nonconforming, first and second generation immigrants, veterans, and people from different socioeconomic backgrounds.
We’re looking for a leader who can own the business operations side of Lambda School, identify and own our most important metrics, and also roll up their sleeves and contribute from day one. You’re a motivated self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced team environment. You are a strategic thinker who can help shape the future of Lambda School.
What you’ll do:
- Define and track Lambda School’s most important metrics across our Admissions, Learning and Outcomes funnel and ensure alignment of business objectives and accountability across functions, supported by performance measurement and other data reporting
- Lead cross-functional meetings, including driving shared agreements on terms and ensuring any bottlenecks are cleared and process is optimized for key results
- On an ongoing basis, serve as an advisor to the CEO and Chief Business Officer on the health of the business and to identify, develop, and execute strategic plans to achieve business goals
- Conduct operational analyses to measure efficiency, identify issues, and optimize for efficiency across the organization
- Present insights and make recommendations to inform critical business decisions
What you’ll need:
- 5+ years of demonstrated success in Business Operations or related role
- Deep operational and strategy experience, preferably at a fast-growing company
- Demonstrated ability to drive business insights and operational improvement in a collaborative, cross-functional environment
- Highly analytical, strategic and creative thinker with strong business judgment
- Ability to drive initiatives with minimal structure, and be influential within the Lambda organization to garner internal support for your initiatives
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to build relationships, influence stakeholders, and inspire others
- Willingness to get your hands dirty, lead by example, and motivate teams through both in-person and remote management
- Passion for Lambda School and its role in improving people’s lives through education
Lambda School is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, familial status, domestic violence victim status, veteran or military status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Lambda School is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. Please let us know if you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability.