Shopify’s Support Organization is moving into 2020 with some big plans ahead, and we’re looking for a Senior Project Manager to help us reach those goals. You’ll get to work on large scale operational improvement projects that impact a wider team of 2500+ people! You will work closely with teams inside and outside of support and will help our executive team implement their vision while fundamentally improving the way our teams work.
As a Senior Project Manager in the Support Organization at Shopify you will be responsible for successfully managing and delivering multiple projects at once. Success means that your projects are delivered on time, on scope and on budget while ensuring deliverables meet high quality standards.
You’ll also have the opportunity to contribute to the development of a brand new department/craft within Shopify Support by helping us to establish project management best practices.
* Please note: We welcome any applicants who prefer to work remotely within the regions listed in the posting*
Requirements for the role:
- 7+ years of project management experience
- Experience working with a tech company, ideally SaaS
- Experience managing large scale change management & operational improvement projects
- Clear understanding of the Project Management Lifecycle and all of the steps and best practices required to take a project from start to finish
- Experience working with cross-functional teams & executive stakeholders
- Ability to create and maintain trusted relationships with stakeholders and project teams
- Experience leading large project teams
- Must enjoy working on organizational change projects and understand that there are sensitivities to consider whenever you introduce change that will impact the way people work
- Experience managing both waterfall and agile projects
- You enjoy new challenges and love solving complex problems
- Must be comfortable working in a fast paced environment and be able to thrive on change
- Be comfortable working in a flexible environment with minimal process
- Must have strong leadership, diplomatic and motivational skills
- Must be extremely detail oriented and organized
- Experience developing best practices and processes around project delivery
- Manage medium & large sized projects in a wide variety of areas
- Gather project requirements, write project briefs and develop detailed project execution plans
- Create and manage timelines, budgets, resource & quality plans
- Identify, manage & mitigate project risks
- Establish success metrics for each project and ensure they are being monitored / reported on
- Manage project status and ensure stakeholders are kept up to date on the progress of your projects
- Create strong, trusting relationships with all project stakeholders
- Know when to escalate issues to Program Manager and / or Project Stakeholders
- Ensure there’s alignment between stakeholders on the goals and objectives of the project
- Ensure that projects are delivered on time and on budget
- Work independently to identify and solve problems with minimal direction
- Mentor and coach other project managers
- Be an advocate for project management best practices throughout the Support organization and throughout Shopify
- Some Program Management work may be required
- PMP certification
- Scrum certification
- Experience working with customer support teams
- Business Analyst experience
- Program Management experience
- Experience working with start-ups and or marketing agencies
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we really value your time. Please to address your cover letter to Malia and tell us why you think this is the right role for you! We’re looking forward to reading your application.
This posting will close on Monday, January 6th, 2020 at 12:00pm EDT. Please note that we will only begin contacting applicants after January 13th, 2020.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.