At Netlify, we’re building a platform to empower digital designers and developers to build better, more elaborate web projects than ever before. We’re aiming to change the landscape of modern web development. Netlify currently serves more than 1,000,000 developers worldwide.
Netlify is a diverse group of incredible talent from all over the world. We’re ~44% woman or non-binary, and are composed of more than a fourth as many nationalities as we are team members.
We recently raised $63M in Series C funding to bring forward the next generation of tooling for a more accessible web. Among our investors are Andreessen Horowitz, Kleiner Perkins, EQT Ventures as well as the founders of GitHub, Slack, Figma and Yelp. This latest round brings Netlify’s funding raised in total to $108M to date.
About the team:
The mission of our SRE team is to scale Netlify’s infrastructure for the next million users. Whether you’re a seasoned systems developer or a software developer that wants to focus on systems, we want to hear from you! Our team works remotely across North America and European time zones.
The Reliability team is dedicated to ensuring application resiliency and delivering the compute and network platform at scale. As a member of the SRE team you will design, develop and deliver solutions that enhance the scalability, availability, and efficiency of our SaaS products. This role will have a direct impact on platform and product teams by identifying problems, anti-patterns, and opportunities to add resilience to applications. Our tech stack includes (but is not limited to) Kubernetes, AWS, GCP, Kafka, and Golang based microservices.
Who you are:
- You have outstanding interpersonal skills, and can effectively coordinate incident response across globally distributed teams
- You are a software engineer at heart, with a compulsion to automate everything
- You have production-level experience operating Linux systems and ability to methodically diagnose system, network, and application issues
What you’ll do:
- Design, build and maintain the core infrastructure
- Create self-healing infrastructures, such as automating DNS and BGP routing changes
- Develop applications for circuit breaking, performance testing, and workflow automation
- Work extensively with HTTP, DNS, and TLS
- Identify performance bottlenecks
- Build capacity planning and testing frameworks
- Own observability and work across teams managing SLO/SLA’s
- Manage the release pipeline to ensure a highly resilient deployment strategy
- Monitor and optimize MongoDB database performance and capacity planning
- Participate in on-call rotation
What you’ll bring:
- A passion for creating performant and reliable systems
- Experience with at least one of the major cloud providers (Amazon Web Services, Google Compute, Microsoft Azure)
- Experience building application and platform systems from scratch
- A proficiency with Golang in production
- Good communication skills and experience leading projects
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with a strong sense of ownership and drive
As a remote-first company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Netlify is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life.
Of everything we’ve ever built at Netlify, we are most proud of our team.
We believe that empowered, engaged colleagues do their best work. We’ll be giving you the tools you need to succeed and looking to you for suggestions to improve not just in your daily job, but every aspect of building a company. Whether you work from our main office in San Francisco or you are a remote employee, we’ll be working together a lot—paring, collaborating, debating, and learning. We want you to succeed! About 60% of the company are remote across the globe, the rest are in our HQ in San Francisco.
To learn a bit more about our team and who we are, make sure to visit our about page.
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? Please apply anyway!
When applying please include: A resume or short listing of your job history & skills. (A link to a LinkedIn profile would be fine). A cover letter explaining why you would enjoy working in this role and why you’d like to work at Netlify would be great, though not required & will not impact your application. When we receive your application we’ll get back to you about the next steps.
Netlify is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are devoted to building a team of people with diverse backgrounds and lifestyles. We believe that the unique contributions of all Netlifolks is the driver of our success. We are all responsible for bringing on people from all walks of life. Driving equality empowers our team, enables us to innovate, and helps us maintain a more inclusive environment. We don’t discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, race, military/veteran status, citizenship, pregnancy status, or any other differences. If we can do anything to provide a better interview, i.e. accommodate a disability, then please let us know.