The Semaphore support team is looking for a new member who would work in the Pacific Standard Time zone. Semaphore is a hosted CI/CD service with a global customer base including companies such as Salesforce, General Assembly and 500px. Our mission is to build a lasting company where talented people work on great products. That’s where you step in.
When Semaphore users have questions, they contact Support and we help them as quickly and awesomely as possible. As a member of the team helping customers based in Americas, you will handle a wide variety of inquiries including questions about customizing CI or deployment configuration, connecting with GitHub or Bitbucket, account management and team permissions.
Support is an integral part of Customer Success, and you will collaborate with other team members to track down bugs, pass on feedback to engineering teams and improve our documentation.
The most important characteristic of our support team is that we love helping developers. Semaphore is a tool that assists developers with delivering their code faster. Our job is to help. Our support team treats users the way we’d want to treat our friends.
You should be excellent at writing with superb grammar, a friendly tone and ability to explain complicated things simply. You will measure your success in swiftness, accuracy, and clarity.
This is a remote position.
- Ability to work in the Pacific Standard Time zone
- Experience in working remotely
- Exposure to programming with a language like Ruby
- Basic experience using Git (through GitHub or Bitbucket), SSH and the Linux command line
- Solid understanding of how websites and web applications work
- Stellar English and grammar skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills — you might not know all the answers, but you know how to find and communicate the solution
- Strong emotional intelligence and empathy — you are naturally pleasant to customers even if they are having a bad day, and are attuned to hear the question behind a question
- A unique writing style and voice
- 3+ years of working in a professional environment
- Customer service experience
- Ability to effortlessly explain continuous integration and continuous delivery to a non-developer
- The impact of working on a product that’s competing on a global market.
- Competitive salary.
- Paid benefits and health insurance.
- Work from anywhere you want.
- Normal 40-hour work week.
- Friendly work atmosphere.
- Space to learn continuously and choose the tools for your job.
- Books of your choice.
- Paid trips to conferences.
- Paid membership at a fitness club of your choice.
- Paid parental leave.